Sunday, February 19, 2012

[Review] Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner


Good Afternoon!

How was your weekend? It's beautiful outside today and I will be taking Mozart out on a walk soon to enjoy some winter sun! Over these past few days I've been writing reviews like a madman so there's a ton of reviews to come! I'm also home so I get to use my brother's awesome Canon Rebel to take some super high quality pictures for you all. I'm so excited to post up new stuff! For now though, let's get started on this review of my favorite toner...


Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner


I saw a review on this product a while ago when I was looking for a new toner and thought that I would give it a try. This product is great because it does not contain anything but witch hazel. That means its gentle enough for those with the most sensitive skin, especially those who react negatively to any added ingredients. 


Price: $6.99 CND at Walmart (so far I haven’t been able to find it at Shoppers, it seems like Walmart is the only widely accessible store that carries this product in Canada)


How I use this product:



I use it like how I would with any other toner. Moisten a cotton pad with witch hazel and apply it on my face after it's been washed and towel dried.  




Claims: (From their website)

- Refines pores

- Removes and controls oil

- Soothes irritation

- Locks in moisture

- Fragrance, dye, acid, and paraben free


The new dispensing cap with a small nozzle
Pros:

- 100 % natural witch hazel. Nothing is added!


- It does a great job at soothing irritated skin, especially those who are acne prone or get really red after washing their face. Be sure to leave the cotton pad with the product on the specific area for a while to let the product sink in.


- The price! It is so worth it for the amount you get (473 mL), which is bigger compared to other brands and costs less too.


- Their new packaging. I remember a while back they had a cap that you removed to dispense the product through the huge ‘neck’ section of the bottle. This caused a lot of accidents happen, as in too much product dispensed or spilling all over the sink. Their new cap is much better with a tiny hole that dispenses the product so you get just the right amount you want!



Middles:
There is a scent to this product that will take some time to get used to. It's strong at first, but does not linger at all and will go away once you apply your serum/moisturizer on top of it. 




Cons:

- Witch hazel contains natural alcohol (14%). Therefore it does dry out my skin a little and leaves a tight feeling afterwards. This goes away as soon as I apply my moisturizer though! Drying out my skin also means that it doesn't lock in too much moisture, but it does help with oil control.


- How inaccessible it is in Canada. Not everyone lives near a Walmart (Shoppers Drug Marts are definitely more common here). Perhaps Shoppers should consider stocking some Dickinson's Witch Hazel?


- I also wish that Walmart sold this product in a travel size packaging so that it will be easier to take with me when I go on trips or my boyfriend's place. However, I can always transfer some into a generic travel sized bottle (I'm just lazy :P).




All-in-all:

I have found my "forever" toner! So far I've been using it for about three months now and it has not irritated my skin nor has it caused any breakouts. I love how clean and fresh it makes my skin feels and also the price attached to it. Compared to many other toners that I've used in the past, this one either works the same or even better. If you need a new toner, I would recommend trying this one out yourself. You might just fall in love with it too!




Price: 5/5

Packaging: 5/5

Cleansing Level: 5/5

Grade: A+


Gorgeous!
Do you have a "forever" product? (One that you will probably use for the rest of your life because you've found the perfect one and is forever done searching) Are you thinking about trying this product out?


,
Christina

2 comments:

  1. I love this toner, i dont really like the smell, but after using it for so long ive sort of gotten used to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean about the smell! When I first used it I was kinda shocked because I thought that it had 'gone bad' but then I realized that it was just the smell of witch hazel :P So glad you like it too! :)

      Delete